Support the businesses and teachers that support our guild.
- Bloodroot One of the top rated vegetarian restaurants in America, featuring a seasonal vegetarian menu and offering weaving classes to beginners. We are a distributor for Schacht, LeClerc and Louet. Discounts available to weavers and spinners.
- FiberArts Studio is a non-profit open studio, making weaving accessible and affordable for everyone. Located in Stonington, CT and open Monday thru Saturday, the director, Lola Leeming, provides individual instruction of conventional and Saori weave structures & methods. Independent membership and personal looms available and welcome. Looms for sale.
- Gowdey Reed is located in Central Falls, RI and known for its tradition of superior quality, exceptional customer service and fair pricing. We make reeds to order, all made in the USA. Skip the middleman and save by buying direct.
- Halcyon Yarn has been providing weavers with yarn & fiber, books, tools, looms & wheels for over 45 years. High quality natural fibers, an extensive selection of equipment, Signature Yarn lines, plus all your favorite weaving yarns, and fast shipping make Halcyon Yarn your fiber arts destination. Open 7 days a week, on Rte 1 in midcoast Maine. When ordering from Halcyon Yarn, let them know that you are a member of the CT guild and every purchase you make is eligible to earn 5% cash back for the guild
- Hartford Artisans Weaving Center enriches lives through the craft of handweaving in a supportive and creative community. The artisan program at the Center is especially committed to people with low or no vision and those age 55 or older. The Center sells the handwovens made by the artisans and holds weaving classes and workshops to the general public throughout the year. Many brands of weaving fiber, Schacht weaving looms and equipment are available for purchase. Volunteers are always welcome.
- In Sheep's Clothing is located in Torrington, CT, guild member Ginger Balch is an Ashford, Schacht and Louet dealer and carries only the highest quality yarns and weaving, felting and knitting supplies. Ginger teaches rigid heddle weaving, knitting, and spinning at her store.
- Lucienne Coifman Learn weaving from one of our top instructors in CT. Lucienne is a Harrisville loom and yarn dealer; her weaving studio is located in North Haven, CT.
- Madison Wool is located in Madison, CT. The shop is a fiber lover's paradise. with fine yarns for handknitting plus one of a kind, handspun art yarns that you cannot find anywhere else! We sell spinning wheels, looms, and supplies for weaving, felting and spinning. At the store is a small but mighty creative space for knitting, spinning, felting and weaving lessons.
- Vavstuga is a weaving school, located in Shelburne Falls, MA, modeled after the Scandinavian folk and textile schools, offering year-round intensive classes. Our shop sells Swedish yarns, books, tools and looms. New in 2016, a 16 week Väv Immerson program.
- WEBS is your weaving source with looms and accessories from Toika, Schacht, Leclerc and Harrisville Designs, and our own line of weaving yarns. You are sure to find what you need for your next project. Save up to 25% off your favorite yarns every day! Plus all the tools you need for your next project and more. Located just off i-91 in beautiful Northampton, MA
- The Woolery is a family owned business, serving the fiber arts enthusiast for over 30 years. Our online store sells fiber and equipment for all fiber crafts, including weaving, spinning, hooking, felting, dyeing and knitting. The Woolery participates in a guild rewards program. If you use the link to access their online store, the guild will get up to 5% cash back from our annual purchases.
- Vermont Weaving School
is a dealer for Schacht, Harrisville, Macomber, Glimakra and Leclerc looms and sells accessories, books, reeds, heddles and much more.
Fabulous 2017-18 classes including Rigid Heddle, Beginning & Advanced Floor Loom Weaving,Gift Extravaganza, Rag Rugs & Beyond the Rag Rug.
Weaving Teachers in our Guild
- Ginger Balch (Torrington at In Sheep's Clothing)
- Peggy Church (Chaplin)
- Lucienne Coifman (North Haven)
- Frances Curran (Hartford at the Hartford Artisans Weaving Center)
- Noel Furie & Selma Miriam (Bridgeport at Bloodroot Restaurant)
- Anne Gladczuk Graham (Middletown at Wesleyan Potters)
- Barbara Hurley (Easton)
- Lola Liepold (Stonington at the FiberArts Studio)
- Janney Simpson (Old Lyme)
- Norma Smayda (Saunderstown, RI at the Saunderstown Weaving School)
- Chrisitine Wilkinson (Southbury at the Brookfield Craft Cetner)
Other Fiber-related links